Save the Dates: Thursday, April 29th - Monday, May 3rd
Please click HERE for the Lourdes Virtual Pilgrimage Program and Prayer Book.
For the members of the Order of Malta, the arrival of spring stirs thoughts of our pilgrimage to Lourdes and our closeness to Our Lady in her Grotto. Although the pandemic will keep many of us from traveling together to Lourdes this year, the American Association will be hosting a Lourdes Spiritual Pilgrimage. All members from the Western Association are invited to attend.
Each evening, at 4:00 PM PST from Thursday, April 29th to Monday, May 3rd, we will gather together for Mass and reflections that will allow us to virtually gather as a community. We will shortly be providing more information on the schedule and celebrants, registration instructions, and an invitation that may be used to invite malades, friends, and family to join us. Please mark these dates on your calendar and plan to pray with us!
To view the full calendar, click HERE.
Please see the full itinerary below.
2021 VIRTUAL PILGRIMAGE SCHEDULE
Thursday, April 29th - Monday, May 3rd
7:00 PM ET Each Night
Materials and programs will be provided to you closer to the Pilgrimage. Make sure to register to ensure you receive the materials!
Thursday, April 29th Itinerary:
- Opening Mass from Saint Patrick's Cathedral - Celebrated by His Eminence Timothy Cardinal Dolan, BGCHD, Archbishop of New York and Principal Chaplain of the American Association
- Cardinal Dolan's 2020 Reflections on Lourdes
Friday, April 30th Itinerary:
- Anointing Mass - Celebrated by The Most Reverend John J. O'Hara, ChC, Auxiliary Bishop of New York
- Reflection on John Paul II Writings on Lourdes - Led by The Most Reverend Allen H. Vigneron, ChC, Archbishop of Detroit and Vice President of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Saturday, May 1st Itinerary:
- Order of Malta Mass at the Grotto in Lourdes, France
- Reflections - Led by The Most Reverend Frank J. Caggiano, ChC, Bishop of Bridgeport
The Sanctuary of Lourdes will celebrate Holy Masses and Rosaries at the Grotto for the intentions of the Order's International Pilgrimage.
3:00 pm Rosary in English (6:00 am PDT)
5:45 pm Mass in English (8:45 am PDT)
The celebrations will be broadcast on the Sanctuary’s YouTube channel, which you can connect from any PC device, tablet or mobile phone through the following link:
In case you should miss some broadcasts, you can review them in replay at any time:
Sunday, May 2nd Itinerary:
- Sunday Mass - Celebrated by The Most Reverend William F. Murphy, DD, STD, ChC, Bishop Emeritus of Rockville Centre
- Candlelight Procession and Rosary - Led by Reverend Robert M. Dunn, ChM
Monday, May 3rd Itinerary:
- Adoration and Closing Mass - Celebrated by His Eminence Seán Cardinal O'Malley, OFM CAP, BGCHD, Archbishop of Boston
PETITIONS TO OUR LADY OF LOURDES
Please click here to submit your prayer of petitions to Our Lady of Lourdes online. Your petitions will be placed at the Grotto in Lourdes, France.
PRAY THE NOVENA TO OUR LADY OF LOURDES
Tuesday, April 20th - Wednesday, April 28th
Prayer is a most powerful tool in seeking God’s grace and blessings. This Novena for the success of the Lourdes Spiritual Pilgrimage is a wonderful way for participants to prepare for this pilgrimage. The Novena is recommended to be said nine days leading up to the Spiritual Pilgrimage. Please pray for all our past Malades and their Caregivers and all those who have asked for our prayers. The Novena begins on Tuesday, April 20th.
Please click here for the Novena.Introduction to the Virtual Pilgrimage