We look forward to your joining us during this year's Lourdes Virtual Pilgrimage and encourage you to invite others to participate with us. Whether they are past Malades, Malades-In-Spirit, family members or friends, all are welcome to participate! If you have anyone you would like to invite, please speak to them first. If they want to participate in this spiritual event, please click here to submit their contact information. To ensure they will be included on our mailing list, please submit their contact information no later than, Friday, April 16th.
Please see the full itinerary below.
For the members of the Order of Malta, the arrival of spring stirs thoughts of our pilgrimage to Lourdes and our closeness to Our Lady in her Grotto. Although the pandemic will keep many of us from traveling together to Lourdes this year, the American Association will be hosting a Lourdes Spiritual Pilgrimage. All members from the Western Association are invited to attend.
Each evening, at 4:00 PM PST from Thursday, April 29th to Monday, May 3rd, we will gather together for Mass and reflections that will allow us to virtually gather as a community. We will shortly be providing more information on the schedule and celebrants, registration instructions, and an invitation that may be used to invite malades, friends, and family to join us. Please mark these dates on your calendar and plan to pray with us!
Thursday, April 29th Itinerary:
- Opening Mass from Saint Patrick's Cathedral - Celebrated by His Eminence Timothy Cardinal Dolan, BGCHD, Archbishop of New York and Principal Chaplain of the American Association
- Cardinal Dolan's 2020 Reflections on Lourdes
Friday, April 30th Itinerary:
- Anointing Mass - Celebrated by The Most Reverend John J. O'Hara, ChC, Auxiliary Bishop of New York
- Reflection on John Paul II Writings on Lourdes - Led by The Most Reverend Allen H. Vigneron, ChC, Archbishop of Detroit and Vice President of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Saturday, May 1st Itinerary:
- Order of Malta Mass at the Grotto in Lourdes, France
- Reflections - Led by The Most Reverend Frank J. Caggiano, ChC, Bishop of Bridgeport
Sunday, May 2nd Itinerary:
- Sunday Mass - Celebrated by The Most Reverend William F. Murphy, DD, STD, ChC, Bishop Emeritus of Rockville Centre
- Candlelight Procession and Rosary - Led by Reverend Robert M. Dunn, ChM
Monday, May 3rd Itinerary:
- Adoration and Closing Mass - Celebrated by His Eminence Seán Cardinal O'Malley, OFM CAP, BGCHD, Archbishop of Boston